Guitar builders can only use a limited sort of wood like maple or mahogany to build stable guitar necks.
They are frozen to that strong, stable wood in order to avoid wrapping. But that kind of wood always sounds thin, due to its high density. Even with the strongest woods, most guitar builders make a hole and put a truss rod bar into their necks to be able to adjust them. They bend like reed.
Those bars vibrate with every string vibration and that is a major problem. Sometimes they amplify the tone, in other fret positions, they “eat” the sound and the sustain.
In these positions we have the nodes (dead points).
Believe me a truss rod is the worst thing that one can do to a guitar! The elimination of any foreign material in the neck opened to me the possibility to develop a completely new sounding instrument.
We designed a neck that could contain 70 to 80 % softwood or other old sound wood, without risking the wrapping or bending after a certain time. To obtain this we divided the neck into 3 major parts.
The outer shell is a beautiful figured wood and sometimes it is maple. It’s a popular wood, probably because we finally are used to see this wood in a neck and its figures can be beautiful. But this shell is only 1.5 mm thick. It’s only about 15 % of the neck mass. Right underneath we have the reinforcement system, an extremely strong layer (5 to 7 % of the neck) that contains composite materials like carbon and our home developed resin that binds carbon with wood.
The third part is the center of the neck. It is our sound maker. It is the most important part of the neck. It is a semi conical core, and it is made out of very old wood that hardened out during more than 100 years. It finally defines your total guitar sound for 60 %! This design is probably the worlds most complicated and most expensive way to build a guitar neck. But it is revolutionary and its sound is worth all the efforts. Forget all the trouble with detuning, unstable tremolo’s and nodes.
No more neck adjustment. Open your guitar case and play anywhere, any time.
That is why we obtained a patent on this invention. The extreme stiff neck makes it possible to apply our super low, buzz free Complex radius design. This new design allows us to approach the electric guitar in another way. While most builders are still copying themselves or others, we went a different way. For the first time, we are able to balance the sound of the guitar – Not a limited body sound or a adapted pickup sound due to the neck wood, but an over all equilibrium. The right wood and materials everywhere needed. That makes a real difference.
- 4Evernecks are wooden necks with an internal carbon reinforcement.
- No visual difference with conventional necks: outside = all wood;
- These necks are 100 x stronger than conventional necks.
- Exceptional rich sound: with the possibility to use softwood and still have a brilliant sound and a very solid neck construction.
- Self resonance is eliminated due to the absence of a truss rod,
replaced by a thin spreaded carbon layer.
- No glued-in graphite bars (they become loose after a certain time) or
truss rods, no cavities under the fingerboard = no dead spots in the neck.
- Much, much longer sustain and more harmonics.
- 95% is wood – only 5% is pure carbon-fiber.
- Possibility to use softer woods = new guitar sounds.
- Very low weight (due to the softwood) = excellent instrument balance and new sounds.
- Zerofret for extra accurate and very low action.
- Insensible to humidity and variable temperatures: 65% of the wood (center-part) is completely (Forever) isolated from external influences (enveloped with carbon).
- Strings don’t go out of tune: “PNSP” (Put-new-strings-and-play…) The only guitar with wooden neck, where you can put new strings on, even 1 hour before you go on stage!
- Very thin, asymmetric neckshape and 19mm thick (measured at the first fret).
- Factory adjusted and readjustable (at factory only).
- Completely stable during the tune up.
- Higher dynamic sound output.